Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A Clean Slate for the New Year

In some traditions, the New Year begins with people asking forgiveness from each other. Not a bad idea. In keeping with this theme, I have a small confession to those of you who follow this blog.

During December I ran a survey regarding our family dessert on Christmas Eve. I promised we would have the winning vote-getter and that I would post a photo to prove it. The choices were


  • Chocolate Yule log

  • Figgy Pudding

  • Bread Pudding with Custard

  • Mince Meat Pie

  • English Trifle

  • Gingerbread Men.

The winner was English Trifle. So we had .... Cheesecake! We planned to have English Trifle and then some nice neighbors gave us a beautiful cheesecake for Christmas. Forgive me.


As a way to make amends, Cindy did make a wonderful English Trifle yesterday and we had it for New Year's Eve (see photo as proof).



No comments: