Wednesday, November 7, 2007

An Experiment ... because my family doesn’t read my blog

OK, my family does read my blog sometimes. But they don’t need to because they already know about my life. So here’s a little experiment to test the scope and impact of this blog.

I bought some See’s Candy for my wife because she loves it and it’s fun to get it even when it’s not Christmas. I’ve hid it under the piano bench lid. If you know my wife well enough, call her and tell her to look in the piano bench for a little gift from me.

I am posting this on Nov 7, at 7:03 pm. Let’s see how long it takes for someone to call. 1 hour? 1 day? 1 week? If no one calls, I’ll eat the candy myself and post an early list of all my kids’ Christmas presents here too.

FINE PRINT: Courtesy rule: Do not call after 9 pm or before 8 am PST. But you can email her anytime. The experiment officially ends when I hear that she found candy.

Check back and I’ll let you know what happens.


_______________________

Update: Well, I woke up the very next morning and there was a box of See's candy on the kitchen table. Kudos go to Cindy Sutherland for sending my wife an email (In the middle of the night -- what was she doing up?). Way to go Cindy Sutherland! Honorable Mention goes to Janine Sellers who called all the way from Florida to tell Cindy to look under the piano bench lid. So it took about 12 hours for the message to get to my wife. And we all learned a valuable lesson about the 24/7, global reach of the web.

No comments: