Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Glimpse of Heaven

It has been said that there are two kinds of people in the world. There are those who get up in the morning and say, "Good morning, Lord! Where’s my Bible?" And there are those who get up in the morning and say, "Good Lord, morning! Where's my caffeine?" (I must admit I can easily find myself in that second group).

How might it make a difference if we began each day with a glimpse of Heaven? In the Bible, John was given just such a glimpse.

"After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. ...At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven..." REVELATION 4:1,2


"The Throne" is one of the great images in the book of Revelation (the word occurs 46 times in the book, only 15 times in the rest of the New Testament). Obviously, as God completed the last chapters of His Book, He wanted us to remember the reality that He was on the Throne. The amazing picture we have of God, as the Bible closes, is that He is in charge, in control. There is nothing outside of His oversight, or beyond His power.


Tomorrow, when you wake up, remember God is on the Throne. As you go to work, let your desk, your cubicle, your home, your car, your computer screen, whatever it is… Let that become a throne room. Cast your crowns before His feet, worship Him throughout the day, and live with the confidence of His rule and reign over the details of your life.


Imagine how it might transform your day if you began with a glimpse of Heaven.

No comments: