Friday, March 20, 2009

Well, Don... , Well Done!

Last Sunday, I'm sure, will stand as one of the most remarkable days of my life. I was invited to preach at my mentor pastor, Don Smith's, retirement celebration. He has served at Christ Community Church in Laguna Hills for 25 years. I am so grateful to have been able play a role in celebrating the faithfulness of God through the tenure of an amazing pastor. (It was also one of the rare occasions I ever preach in a suit!). Two of us gathered to pray with Don before the service. He looked at us and said, "It pays to persevere." We were speechless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He didn't know what your message for this weekend was going to be, right? Except by the "intuition" of the holy Spirit? God is so cool, I never will get over how He works!