Thursday, February 5, 2009

Your Turning Point

One of the things I think is curious about the GPS unit in my car is that it zooms in closer and closer right before it is time to turn. For long periods of time she is silent (yes, our GPS is a “she,” we call her Emily), but then when it is time to turn she starts to speak; “Turn right in 1 mile.” As I get closer, she is more adamant, and a giant arrow appears on the screen. Suddenly, this is my turning point.

In the Bible, the people of God found themselves exactly there. God was quite candid with them about why so many of their efforts were frustrating. And then God reveals the longing of His heart saying, “…yet you did not turn to me” (Haggai 2:17). That, of course, is the turning point God most desires in our lives. That we would turn to Him!
As we read a few verses further in the Bible, we find God offering this promise, “From this day on I will bless you.” (Haggai 2:19). The connection is clear. The life God blesses hinges precisely on this one turning point.

Is there a place in your life where God is nudging you to change directions? If so, I’m trusting that God will zoom in on the screen of your life and reveal your turning point.

It’s time to turn. It’s time to turn to Him.

.



No comments: