Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bible scribe for a day

Yesterday I wrote a verse by hand that will be used in a completely handwritten copy of the Bible (see www.bibleacrossamerica.com). It will be the first completely handwritten Bible in over 250 years. Displayed at the Smithsonian Institute, copies of it will be published at the end of this year. As I stood in line, I wondered what my random verse would be. It was Mark 15:21 which says...


A certain man from Cyrene, Simon, the father of Alexander and Rufus, was passing by on his way in from the country, and they forced him to carry the cross.




Also I wrote the heading for the section, which is THE CRUCIFIXION.




I'm grateful. I want to reflect on that passage more. I want to reflect on that passage often. I'm glad to be a messenger of the CROSS in any manner possible.


4 comments:

Andy said...

they were naming kids Rufus back then? wow

Andy said...

what is the favorite italian sb restraunt?

Andy said...

what sb italian restraunt?

Doug Kyle said...

Andy, It's Palazzio's on State Street