Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'd love to talk to you for an hour

Many people think that a pastor spends most of his time talking and meeting with people. You'd be surprised how much time is actually spent in administration, message preparation and study, research, planning, and just doing the business of the church.

Still, I love those times when I can spend some unhurried time, talking with people about what matters most - God.

Like with Ben. I met with Ben for tea yesterday. Man, I was encouraged.

Or Jacob. Jacob recommended we meet at 8:30 in the evening for sushi. I loved it. The raw fish AND the conversation about God.

In a few minutes I'm meeting with a pastor from our area that I've never met. I even think he's buying tea. I'm looking forward to the mutual encouragement.

So here's an offer for my blog faithful. If one of you wants to meet this Friday at 4 pm, I'd love to take some time, encouraging each other in our faith. Let's meet at the church. It's not that I'm not available other times, but sometimes we all just need something on the calendar to make it happen.

The first one to ask, gets the spot. You can either comment on the blog post, or if you'd rather not be that public, email me at doug@greenvalleychurch.com

Let's be encouraged!

UPDATE: Within 3 hours I got a taker! Cool.


.

No comments: