Thursday, October 23, 2008

Decision-making and Peace

People often make decisions based on whether or not they have a "peace about it." But is that the best gauge?

I'm not sure it is. Because sometimes when people say, "I have a peace about it," what they mean is that they are choosing the easier, safer route. Or simply avoiding the right thing to do.     

So instead of "having a peace about it," I would recommend that your decision be grounded in the God of Peace. Here are five questions I suggested in my message to ask yourself to help discover if your decision is grounded in the God of Peace (to hear the biblical grounding and commentary listen to the message online at http://www.greenvalleychurch.com/mainmenu.html) .

What would help me and others experience God?

1 Cor. 14:19-25

Which option will most strengthen me and others?

1 Cor. 14:26

Where should I bite my tongue?

1 Cor. 14:27-28

How much weight do my godly friends give it?

1 Cor. 14:29

Does it lead to peace, not disorder?

1 Cor. 14:30-33

No comments: