Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My dad is a big part of my testimony

With the passing of my father, I've been reflecting on his life a lot. In many ways his testimony has been as strong a part of my testimony as my own. When I became a Christian at age 14, I began praying for my dad's salvation. It was mustard seed faith at best (i.e. tiny) because I couldn't imagine, in my wildest dreams, my dad becoming a follower of Jesus Christ. He was an atheist, and a psychologist grounded in Freudian thought. To see my father not only profess Christ, but also become an enthusiastic disciple, and a student of His word still blows me away. During my last visit with him I read the Bible to him for two hours. He loved it. It gave him great peace. And it reminded me of how vital God's Word in our lives.

No comments: