Wednesday, December 27, 2006

As we enter 2007 - Resolution #5

I'm not making new resolutions this year ... I'm trying to keep the old ones.

As we enter a new year, I'd like to share some resolutions I made at the beginning of this decade. On the eve of the epic year 2000, I made five resolutions. They have anchored me ever since. They are in my PDA and I review them at least monthly. I was inspired by the great American theologian Jonathan Edwards and
his resolutions. I will share one resolution a day for the next 5 days beginning with the fifth.

I begin each resolution with this statement:

Being very aware that I am unable to do anything without God’s help, I humbly ask Him, by His grace, to empower me to keep these Resolutions, to the degree that they are in keeping with His will, for His glory.

And my 5th resolution is this....

LOVE - Resolved that I will seek to put others before myself -- knowing that as I love them I am loving God and myself.

No comments: