Saturday, September 27, 2008

Beach Baptism


I'm soaking in this beautiful Saturday morning and thinking about the amazing weekend ahead. Baptism is one of my very favorite events in the life of our church. It reminds me how much I love being a pastor. I never get tired of hearing the stories of transformed and committed lives. Over the years, we’ve baptized well over 200 people at the beach. And tomorrow I’m hoping we’ll baptize another 20 plus. And each story is amazing.

We meet at Torrey Pines State Beach Lifeguard station #4. Get there early or shoot for 3 pm (it takes awhile to park). Dinner will be served at 4 pm with the baptism immediately following. This is one of the coolest things we do as a church. We often have people come from great distances to be here. You'll be glad you came!

No comments: